FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ARE ORGANIZED ACCORDING TO THE GRADUATE EDUCATION REGULATION.
1. When are graduate education applications made?
Applications and registrations are received before the beginning of the fall and spring terms, on the dates currently announced on our institute page.
2. How does the application process to Gazi Graduate School Of Natural And Applied Sciences work?
The pre-registration of candidates is taken online over the internet. Military School / Police Academy/Turkish nationals who have completed their education at universities abroad and have received equivalence are made in our institute with the required documents; Pre-registration of foreign nationals is made in person with the documents requested to the Foreign National Unit of the Education and Foreign Relations Coordination Office of our University.
3. As a result of the application, I am on the reserve list, what should I do?
Candidates who do not make their final registration within the time limit lose their right to be a student. Instead of these candidates, candidates on the reserve list are announced and accepted. According to the 7th article of the regulation, it is the responsibility of the candidates to follow the announcements and news on the subject.
4. What are the application criteria for graduate education programs?
The application criteria of each master's (with / without thesis) and doctoral and post-graduate doctorate programs of the Departments of our institute are https://fbe.gazi.edu.tr/view/page/217199?siteUri=fbe
5. Where can I learn which master's and PhD programs I can apply according to my undergraduate degree?
Undergraduate graduation branches accepted by master's and PhD programs https://fbe.gazi.edu.tr/view/page/217199?siteUri=fbe
6. According to which system is the undergraduate graduation average accepted?
Undergraduate GPA is used according to the 100-point system in applications and score calculations and YÖK conversion table is taken as basis.
7. How is a transfer application made?
(1) Students continuing to the non-thesis master's program, on the condition that the proposal of the relevant department / sciences departments for the master's program with thesis, fulfill the minimum requirements for the relevant program in the procedures and principles approved by the Senate with the decision of the institute board of directors. They can switch to the program.
(2) If the students whose thesis is rejected while they are a master's student with thesis, they are given the right to transfer to the non-thesis master's program provided that they fulfill the requirements such as course credit load, project writing and similar requirements by giving one semester additional time.
(3) Students enrolled in the post-graduate doctorate program can switch to a master's program with or without thesis if they have successfully completed 60 credits of courses.
(4) Switching between programs can be done once. Files of the transferred students are transferred to the new program and dismissed from the old program. Recognition of previously acquired qualifications and adjustment procedures of students who transfer between programs are arranged according to the procedures and principles determined by the Senate upon the decision of the institute board of directors.
(5) A research assistant who has completed at least one semester in a graduate program of the institute or another higher education institution and has been successful in all of the courses taken on the condition of taking at least two courses per semester, upon request, the recommendation of the head of the relevant department of science / science and the relevant institute. With the decision of the board of directors, transfer can be made to the same department / science program carried out in the institute. A candidate applying for transfer must meet the minimum application requirements stated in Article 5 of this Regulation. (Article 13)
8. Can I do a master's degree at your university while doing a master's degree at another university?
It is not possible to enroll and continue more than one graduate program at the same time. (Except for non-thesis programs.) (Regulation for Graduate Education, Article (35/6) from the Council of Higher Education).
9. Which exam results are accepted for applications?
Conversion score obtained from GRE / GMAT exam which is given equivalent to these exams by ALES or YÖK in applications; For the foreign language score, the score obtained from KPDS / ÜDS / YDS / e-YDS / YÖKDİL or from one of the exams given equivalent to these exams by YÖK is valid. Conversions for these languages will be made according to the YÖK equivalence table.
COURSE REGISTRATION-SUPERVISOR APPROVALS
10. When will graduate students appoint an supervisor?
Supervisor assignments for graduate students must be made until the end of the 1st semester at the latest (Article 20/1). PhD students' supervisor appointments must be made until the end of the second semester at the latest (Article 30/1).
11. By whom does the Add / Drop course process and supervisor approvals of the students whose supervisors are not assigned?
The relevant process and consultant approval is carried out by the Head of the Department.
12. At what stage is registration for Specialization Field Course, Thesis Preparation, Thesis Study?
Graduate students who have been appointed as a supervisor can make this registration. When registering, it should be noted that the relevant course selections are opened in the name of the supervisor. Students in the course phase take thesis preparation course, and those in the thesis stage take thesis study.
13. What are the required documents during registration?
A copy of the Undergraduate Diploma or a photocopy of the Temporary Graduation Certificate (For Doctorate Applications, a Master's diploma and transcript must be attached
Academic Staff Graduate Entrance Exam (ALES) Result Document,
Undergraduate Transcript (Transcript),
Military Status Certificate
Photocopy of identity card,
English Proficiency Certificate for English programs (The score obtained from one of the exams given equivalent to these exams by YÖK is valid).
14. What should I do to have my military service deferred?
Our Institute does not automatically postpone referral if male students do not request a military service postponement. The person requesting a postponement must apply to our Institute for Form 1 (Document Request Form and Photocopy of Identity Card), and an application must be made at least 2 months before the postponement expires.
15. What should be the minimum letter grade for a student to be considered successful in the course?
In order for the student to be successful in the relevant course, the achievement letter grade in the master must be at least CC, and the PhD, integrated doctoral qualification must be at least CB (Article 11/4).
16. How many people does the PhD Thesis Jury consist of?
The PhD jury consists of five members, at least two of whom are faculty members of another higher education institution, together with the thesis monitoring committee. The board of directors of the relevant institute decides whether the supervisor has the right to vote or not. If the supervisor does not have the right to vote, the jury consists of six faculty members. In addition, two substitute members are determined, one from within the University and the other from another higher education institution. For PhD dissertations, the second supervisor, the jury consists of seven main and two substitute members and the second supervisor is appointed as a jury member (Article 34 / 4-5).
17. What is the tuition fee for master's programs with thesis?
Regarding tuition fees, according to the provisions of Article 44 and 46 of the Law No. 2547 and the principles determined by the Council of Ministers, graduate students with thesis do not pay tuition fees for the first 4 semesters (2 years). Graduate students with thesis who complete their 4th semester have to pay 129.00 TL for one semester.
18. What is the tuition fee for non-thesis master's programs?
Regarding the tuition fees, according to the provisions of Article 44 and 46 of the Law No. 2547 and the principles determined by the Council of Ministers, non-thesis graduate students have to pay 600.00 TL for one course (3 credits).
19. What is the tuition fee for PhD programs?
Regarding tuition fees, according to the provisions of Article 44 and 46 of the Law No.2547 and the principles determined by the Council of Ministers, PhD students do not pay tuition fees for the first 8 semesters (4 years).
MASTER’S WITH THESIS
20. How long is the duration of master's programs with thesis?
The normal duration of the master's program with thesis is four semesters for each semester, regardless of whether they are registered, starting from the semester in which the courses related to the program they are enrolled in, excluding the time spent in scientific preparation, and the program is completed in six semesters at most. Those who cannot successfully complete the credit courses and seminar courses in the curriculum at the end of four semesters or fail to meet the criteria / criteria stipulated by the University within this period; Students who fail in their thesis studies or fail to defend their thesis within the maximum periods of time are dismissed from the institute (Article 22).
NON-THESIS MASTER'S PROGRAMS
21. What is the duration of non-thesis master's programs?
The time to complete the non-thesis master's program is at least two semesters, at most three semesters, regardless of whether or not they enroll each semester, starting from the semester in which the courses related to the program they are enrolled in, excluding the time spent in scientific preparation. The student who fails at the end of this period or cannot complete the program is dismissed from the institute (Article 24).
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
22. What is PhD Qualification?
Doctoral qualifying exams are held twice a year, at the end of the fall and spring semesters. The student who has reached the proficiency stage and will enter the proficiency exam chooses the qualification stage from the course registration system in the period he will take the exam. Students who fail the proficiency exam take the exam again in the next semester. The student who fails in this exam is dismissed from the institute (Article 35 / c).
23. How are foreign students' applications made?
Foreign students are pre-registered on the dates determined according to the academic calendar, in person, with the required documents to the Foreign National Unit of the Education and Foreign Affairs Coordinatorship.
THESES AND TERM PROJECTS
24. How does the process after the thesis is written?
You can find a detailed explanation on this subject at the link below.
25. How is the term project process in the Master’s without Thesis?
After presenting the term project prepared in accordance with the Thesis Writing Guide to the supervisor, the student has to bring it to the institute for control. After the formal check is made according to the thesis writing guide, the Term Project Check Voucher is delivered to the student. Coupon and Term Project are approved by the Institute Management. The student who submits the coupon, dismissal form and 1 bound project to the institute is put on the agenda of the Institute Executive Board and the student graduates with the decision of the Institute Board of Directors.
Send us your opinions, requests and evaluations.